Lake Norman Oral & Facial Surgery • Dr. Raymond J. Haigney II • 9727 Northcross Center Ct. Huntersville, NC 28078 • (704) 987-3132
9727 Northcross Center Ct. Huntersville, NC 28078 • (704) 987-3132
Improved Aesthetics through Facial Plastic Surgery
Facial plastic surgery can encompass a range refers of procedures that are performed to improve the aesthetic appearance of the face. Reconstructive plastic surgery is a category of facial plastic surgery that refers to procedures that are performed to address conditions present at birth, such as a crooked smile, ears that protrude, or facial birthmarks, or it can be performed to treat conditions caused by other factors, such as burns, trauma, or accidents. There are also reconstructive procedures that can be performed to treat skin cancer and other existing diseases.
Cosmetic facial plastic surgery refers to a range of surgeries that are performed to improve the overall features and structures of the face in order to improve the aesthetics of the face and improve self-confidence. Some of the most common cosmetic facial plastic surgical procedures include liposuction, cheek implants, chin implants, rhinoplasty, eye lifts, facelifts, mid-facelift, endoscopic browlift, lip augmentation, neck lift, and more.
At Lake Norman Oral & Facial Surgery, we offer a full range of oral and maxillofacial surgical procedures, specializing in facial reconstruction, facial surgery, corrective jaw surgery, obstructive sleep apnea, and wisdom tooth removal. If you would like to learn more about our services, or schedule an appointment for facial plastic surgery, contact us today. New patients are welcome and a referral from another doctor is not required.
Candidates for Facial Plastic Surgery
In order to be a good candidate for facial plastic surgery, it is important that individuals be in good general health, have discussed the risks involved with the procedure, have a clear and realistic understanding of what the results may be, and who feel confident undergoing surgery. One of the most important things to remember when considering facial cosmetic surgery is that this is a procedure that you personally want to do, and not something that is pursued based on another person’s desires or urgings.
Types of Facial Cosmetic Surgery
There a range of facial plastic surgery procedures our clinic offers to address specific needs, including the following:
- Facelift surgery (rhytidectomy): Cosmetic procedure that is performed to improve signs of aging in the face and neck by treating deep creases, drooping eyes, fatty deposits, and sagging skin.
- Mid-face lift: Procedure that occurs in the middle of the face and is designed to address signs of aging by improving wrinkles dand/or sagging jowls. A mid-face lift is a facelift of the middle section of the face.
- Brow lift (forehead lift): Procedure that improves the aesthetic appearance of the brow by raising brows that are sagging, improving frown lines, and/or removing wrinkles.
- Lip augmentation: Procedure that makes patients lips plumper and fuller.
- Chin implants (mentoplasty): Procedure that reshapes and/or enhances the chin structure through the use of an implant.
- Cheek implants: Implants that are designed to enhance or augment the cheeks.
- Necklift surgery (lower rhytidectomy): Procedure that reduces signs of aging in the lower jawline and neck.
- Nose Surgery (rhinoplasty): Cosmetic procedure that augments the structure of the nose in order to improve the harmony of the face, or a medical procedure that improves the patient’s ability to breathe by correcting a structural defect.
- Eyelid surgery (blehpharoplasty): Procedure that can be performed on the top and bottom eyelids in order to treat bags or excess skin under the eyes, sagging or loose skin, and/or fatty deposits that develop under the eyes, causing an appearance of puffiness.
- Ear surgery (otoplasty): Cosmetic procedure that reconstructs and reshapes the appearance of the ears.
Preparing for Facial Plastic Surgery
One of the most important things you can do to ensure a speedy recovery and smooth operation is to discuss your surgical procedure with your surgeon beforehand. The majority of plastic surgery procedures will not require an extended stay in the hospital, and certain procedures will not require staying in the hospital any longer than is necessary to perform the procedure and cover post-operative instructions.
There are a range of symptoms patients may experience following surgery, include reactions to anesthesia, bleeding, blood clots, numbness, nausea, and/or infection. To ensure a good recovery, it is critical to follow these instructions as closely as possible, especially with regards to tending to the area where incisions were made and following prescription dosages.
If you happen to be a smoker, it will be important to avoid smoking for at least two weeks prior to surgery in order to ensure you have an optimal healing process.
There is no set restriction for when patients can return to work following facial plastic surgery, but patients who have this procedure performed typically return to work after one or two weeks of their surgery, after the bruising and swelling have significantly improved and the post operative pain is practically gone.
Cost of Sleep Apnea Surgery
The cost of your procedure will be determined by a variety of factors, such as the severity of your condition, any unique health issues you have that may complicate the procedure, and what type of insurance plan you have. Our office will file your claim, handle the paperwork, and ensure you maximize your insurance reimbursement. The remaining balance following your insurance coverage will be your responsibility.
Prior to performing the procedure, we will discuss the expected cost, as well as payment plan options that are available to you, such as Lending Club and Care Credit, which offer 6 and 12 month interest-free payment plans.
For your convenience, we accept MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and American Express.
Schedule Your Appointment
At Lake Norman Oral and Facial Surgery, we are committed to treating our patients the way we would expect to be treated. Because Dr. Haigney is a Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon, you can be confident you will receive care that implements the latest dental advancements and is informed by current research and best practices, resulting in you achieving the results you deserve.
To schedule a Facial Plastic Surgery appointment or consultation, contact our staff at (704) 255-5888 or request an appointment online.