Lake Norman Oral & Facial Surgery • Dr. Raymond J. Haigney II • 9727 Northcross Center Ct. Huntersville, NC 28078 • (704) 987-3132
9727 Northcross Center Ct. Huntersville, NC 28078 • (704) 987-3132
Multiple Missing Teeth Replacement with Teeth in a Day
Patients seeking to replace missing teeth have many treatment options available to them; however dental implants remain the most effective solution. One newer option to address this issue is Teeth-in-a-Day, an implant option that makes it possible to have the post and the crown placed on the same day, eliminating the 3-6 month waiting period required with traditional implants. Four strategically placed implants support a permanent set of dentures. Teeth-in-a-Day is more cost-effective and simpler than using a separate implant to replace each tooth.
At Lake Norman Oral & Facial Surgery, we offer a full range of oral and maxillofacial surgical procedures, specializing in facial reconstruction, TMJ surgery, dental implants, facial cosmetic surgery, corrective jaw surgery, obstructive sleep apnea, and wisdom tooth removal. If you would like to learn more about our services, or schedule an appointment for Teeth in a Day, contact us today. New patients are welcome and a referral from another doctor is not required.
The Teeth-in-a-Day Process
Prior to beginning your procedure, you will need to schedule a consultation with one of our skilled professionals, during which we will discuss what issues you would like to address. Following this conversation, an evaluation will be performed to determine what options are available to you and which approach best aligns with your specific goals.
If it is determined that Teeth-in-a-Day is the best approach for you, your treatment will include the following steps, although some steps may be omitted depending upon the current state and history of your teeth.
- First: Extraction of any damaged or extraneous teeth, or any teeth that are at risk of falling out due to infection.
- Second: Placement of four dental implants in the appropriate palate (top or bottom) which are then installed below the jawline using a titanium post.
- Third: Placement of the false teeth or denture, which are secured and permanently adhered to the posts
Following this final step, your Teeth in a Day will be complete and you can begin enjoying your bright new healthy smile!
Caring for Teeth-in-a-Day
To continue enjoying the benefits of your procedure, it is essential to practice good oral health habits every day. By maintaining these regular self-care habits, you will reduce the likelihood of developing additional issues in the future and enjoy the benefits of your Teeth in a Day for many years to come.
- Brushing: The best way to remove plague, prevent decay, and preserve the longevity of your Teeth in a Day is to brush and clean your teeth at least twice daily. To achieve maximum results, be sure your toothbrush is the appropriate size and shape to fit your mouth and allows you to reach all areas of the mouth easily.
- Flossing: Patients who floss regularly significantly reduce the likelihood of developing periodontal disease. For patients who have an aversion to flossing, interdental cleaners may be a better alternative.
- Additional Supports: In addition to brushing and flossing every day, patients who regularly use mouthwash, avoid sweetened beverages and/or use a straw while drinking sweetened beverages, and who swish their mouth with water following every meal enjoy improved oral health and reduce the chance of developing tooth decay.
- Regular Dental Checkups: While practicing good self-care at home is critical, it is also important to schedule regular dental exams every six months. In doing so, your dentist can perform deep cleanings and address issues before they develop into something worse.
Traditional Dentures VS. Teeth-in-a-Day
Compared to Teeth-in-a-Day, there is a higher risk of damaging traditional dentures, which are cumbersome and fragile, and can easily be lost, dropped or broken. There is also a higher risk of bone loss for individuals who wear dentures long-term, as there is no tooth root providing necessary nutrients, which makes installing titanium posts difficult.
Dentures Vs Crowns
Both Teeth-in-a-Day and traditional implants and crowns have unique benefits, and either option may be right for you, depending on your particular case. Crowns are primarily used for patients who need to replace one or several teeth. Teeth-in-a-Day is generally recommended for patients who need to replace an entire palate of teeth or all of their teeth. Regardless of which option is right for you, you can get a beautiful, functional result with Teeth-in-a-Day or implants and crowns. For some patients, both treatment options may be applicable.
Benefits of Teeth-in-a-Day
There are a range of immediate and long-term benefits that you will enjoy following your Teeth in a Day, including the following:
- Dramatic results yield a healthy-looking new smile
- The perfect choice for those switching from traditional dentures
- Immediate results
- Boosts your confidence
- No sore gums or sliding dentures
- Talk and chew with less pain
- No need for bone graft surgery
- More affordable than separate appointments
- Creates a natural and healthy look
- Quick and easy treatment appointment
Cost of Teeth in a Day
The cost of your procedure will be determined by a variety of factors, such as the severity of your condition, any unique oral or health issues you have that may complicate the procedure, and what type of dental insurance plan you have. Our office will file your claim, handle the paperwork, and ensure you maximize your insurance reimbursement. The remaining balance following your insurance coverage will be your responsibility.
Prior to performing the procedure, we will discuss the expected cost, as well as payment plan options that are available to you, such as Lending Club and Care Credit, which offer 6 and 12 month interest-free payment plans.
For your convenience, we accept MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and American Express.
Schedule Your Appointment
At Lake Norman Oral and Facial Surgery, we are committed to treating our patients the way we would expect to be treated. Because Dr. Haigney is a Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon, Fellowship Trained in Facial Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery and Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, you can be confident you will receive care that implements the latest dental advancements and is informed by current research and best practices, resulting in you achieving the results you deserve.
To schedule a Teeth in a Day appointment or consultation, contact our staff at (704) 255-5888 or request an appointment online.