Lake Norman Oral & Facial Surgery • Dr. Raymond J. Haigney II • 9727 Northcross Center Ct. Huntersville, NC 28078 • (704) 987-3132
9727 Northcross Center Ct. Huntersville, NC 28078 • (704) 987-3132
Brow Lift (also known as a forehead lift or browplasty)
A brow lift is a cosmetic procedure that improves the appearance of the forehead by creating a more rested and alert appearance, which makes an individual look younger. Many people do not associate aging as being associated with changes to the forehead, but as individuals age, this area can begin to change significantly. As the muscles weaken and gravity weighs on the supportive tissues and skin, the brow can begin to develop deep lines, and an appearance of being upset can begin to develop. In more severe cases, excessive upper eyelid skin can also develop, which can impede vision. In these instances, an endoscopic brow lift may be performed, which involves reshaping and elevating the eyebrows and reducing creases in the forehead. If you are someone who has been unsatisfied with the appearance of your brow and feel your appearance would be improved if the muscles and skin of the forehead could be moved to an elevated and more desirable location, a brow lift may be right for you. There are a range of techniques that can be implemented to rejuvenate the area of the brow, all of which can be tailored to a patient’s unique hairline and hairstyle. There are advantages and disadvantages to each approach, but our staff will be happy to discuss what options are available and help you achieve your desired outcome.
At Lake Norman Oral & Facial Surgery, we offer a full range of oral and maxillofacial surgical procedures, specializing in facial reconstruction, facial surgery, corrective jaw surgery, obstructive sleep apnea, and wisdom tooth removal. If you would like to learn more about our services, or schedule an appointment for a brow lift, contact us today. New patients are welcome and a referral from another doctor is not required.
Types of Brow Lifts
There are several different methods for performing a brow lift. Which procedure is right for you will be determined by a variety of factors.
- Bicoronal Lift: Procedure that involves excising the scalp, which creates a lift that is permanent. While this approach has a high success rate, it does result in a scar that extends across the scalp, though a zig-zagging modification of the scar can help reduce its noticeability. This procedure is typically recommended for women who have high hair density and a short forehead, and/or for patients who want to treat wrinkles of the forehead and/or frown lines.
- Direct Brow Lift: Procedure that involves excising the skin in a pattern that results in the lift that is desired. The incision is made above the eyebrow and does have the potential to be visibility, though the incision line is fine. This procedure is typically recommended for men who no or little hairline or for individuals with one sided brow ptosis.
- Endoscopic Lift: Procedure that is performed using an endoscope and involves 3-5 incisions that are made behind the patient’s hairline. This procedure does not require tissue to be excised and there is typically no visible scarring. This procedure is generally recommended for individuals with thinner hair or a short forehead, men whose hairline is receding, and/or for patients who want to treat frown lines.
- Pretrichial Lift: Procedure that involves making a zig-zagging incision in front of the hairline to advance the hairline or to reduce a forehead that is 5cm or greater in length
- Temporal Lift: Procedure that involves making a 4cm incision in the temporal recess to treat flat eyebrows.
- Transblepharoplasty Browpexy: This procedure is technically a brownexy and is typically used for those with a receding hairline and low brow who are undergoing an upper eyelid lift. This approach can also be used to resect frown muscles. The procedure occurs during the upper eyelid lift and through the same incision, which minimizes scarring.
Benefits of Brow Lift
There are a range of immediate and long-term benefits that you will enjoy following your brow lift, including the following:
- Aesthetically improved position of the eyebrow
- Furrows that develop between the eyebrows can be smoothed
- Improve or eliminated a default look that has an angry or tired appearance
- Muscle tension relief
- Reduction in creases or wrinkles on the forehead
- Smooth furrows between the eyebrows
After your brow lift surgery, it is common to experience some bruising and/or swelling in the forehead, but this will typically go away quickly. Although the pain associated with post-operative care is typically mild, if necessary your pain can be managed with OTC medications or prescription medication, which will be prescribed for a short period of time. It is important to avoid strenuous activity for the first several weeks following your procedure, however patients can return to work and begin driving as soon as they have discontinued use of narcotic pain medication.
Cost of Brow Lift
The cost of a brow lift will be determined by a variety of factors, such as the severity of your condition, any unique health issues you have that may complicate the procedure, and what type of insurance plan you have. Our office will file your claim, handle the paperwork, and ensure you maximize your insurance reimbursement. The remaining balance following your insurance coverage will be your responsibility.
Prior to performing the procedure, we will discuss the expected cost, as well as payment plan options that are available to you, such as Lending Club and Care Credit, which offer 6 and 12 month interest-free payment plans.
For your convenience, we accept MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and American Express.
Schedule Your Appointment
At Lake Norman Oral and Facial Surgery, we are committed to treating our patients the way we would expect to be treated. Because Dr. Haigney is a Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon, you can be confident you will receive care that implements the latest dental advancements and is informed by current research and best practices, resulting in you achieving the results you deserve.
To schedule a Brow Lift appointment or consultation, contact our staff at (704) 255-5888 or request an appointment online.