Lake Norman Oral & Facial Surgery • Dr. Raymond J. Haigney II • 9727 Northcross Center Ct. Huntersville, NC 28078 • (704) 987-3132
9727 Northcross Center Ct. Huntersville, NC 28078 • (704) 987-3132
All on Four Dental Implants for Multiple Teeth Replacement
Losing a significant number of teeth can create a negative impact on your speech, it can impact your food choices, and it can weaken your confidence. If you are missing the majority of your upper or lower teeth, yet have a sufficient amount of bone to support implants, All-on-Four implants may be a good option for you. All-on-Four, or “smile in a day,” uses four titanium implants that act as a foundation for dentures. Much like traditional dentures, the base of the teeth is made from a soft acrylic, although the material that is used for the teeth can vary. If you have not previously considered this option, All-on-Four may be a quick and effective way for you to enhance your self-esteem and reclaim your smile.
At Lake Norman Oral & Facial Surgery, we offer a full range of oral and maxillofacial surgical procedures, specializing in facial reconstruction, TMJ surgery, dental implants, facial cosmetic surgery, corrective jaw surgery, obstructive sleep apnea, and wisdom tooth removal. If you would like to learn more about our services, or schedule an appointment for All-on-Four, contact us today. New patients are welcome and a referral from another doctor is not required.
Prior to beginning your All-on-Four treatment, you will need to schedule a consultation with one of our skilled professionals, during which we will discuss what issues you would like to address. Following this conversation, an evaluation will be performed to determine what options are available to you and which approach best aligns with your specific goals. If it is determined that All-on-Four is the best approach for you, an x-ray scan will be performed to develop a plan that is tailored to your unique needs.
Prior to beginning the All-on-Four procedure, you will likely be given sedation to help minimize discomfort and reduce any anxiety you might be feeling about the procedure. Once you are properly sedated, the oral surgeon will remove any teeth that are remaining on the jawbone arch where the procedure is being performed. Once these are removed, your oral surgeon will place four dental implants into your jawbone. Once these are properly positioned, abutments that have been customized for your mouth will be placed on top. These abutments will act as the foundation for the dental plates. These plates, which are custom made in a lab, will then be fitted in to place. Once the plates are properly fitted, the new teeth are screwed into the foundation implants.
Following this final step, your All-on-Four will be complete and you can begin enjoying your bright new healthy smile!
Caring for All-on-Four
To continue enjoying the benefits of your All-on-Four, it is essential to practice good oral health habits every day. By maintaining these regular self-care habits, you will reduce the likelihood of developing additional issues in the future and enjoy the benefits of your All-on-Four for many years to come.
- Brushing: The best way to remove plague, prevent decay, and preserve the longevity of your All-on-Four is to brush and clean your teeth at least twice daily. To achieve maximum results, be sure your toothbrush is the appropriate size and shape to fit your mouth and allows you to reach all areas of the mouth easily.
- Flossing: Patients who floss regularly significantly reduce the likelihood of developing periodontal disease. For patients who have an aversion to flossing, interdental cleaners may be a better alternative.
- Additional Supports: In addition to brushing and flossing every day, patients who regularly use mouthwash, avoid sweetened beverages and/or use a straw while drinking sweetened beverages, and who swish their mouth with water following every meal enjoy improved oral health and reduce the chance of developing tooth decay.
- Regular Dental Checkups: While practicing good self-care at home is critical, it is also important to schedule regular dental exams every six months. In doing so, your dentist can perform deep cleanings and address issues before they develop into something worse.
Benefits of All-on-Four
There are a range of immediate and long-term benefits that you will enjoy following your All-on-Four procedure. All-on-Four dentures do not require regular replacement or relining as traditional dentures do. The full bridge of teeth can be cared for in much the same way as your original teeth, as with dental implants. The four dental implants used in All-on-Four can be supported by existing bone more readily than a full set of dental implants.
Additional benefits include:
- More affordable than other full mouth restoration options
- Permanently replaces a full arch of teeth
- Gives patients choice in what they eat and drink
- Quick process: can be done in one day
- Requires only four implants for a full mouth bridge
- Slows or stops bone deterioration
- More stable and functional than regular dentures
Cost of All-on-Four
The cost of All-on-Four will be determined by a variety of factors, such as the severity of your condition, any unique oral or health issues you have that may complicate the procedure, and what type of dental insurance plan you have. Our office will file your claim, handle the paperwork, and ensure you maximize your insurance reimbursement. The remaining balance following your insurance coverage will be your responsibility.
Prior to performing the procedure, we will discuss the expected cost, as well as payment plan options that are available to you, such as Lending Club and Care Credit, which offer 6 and 12 month interest-free payment plans.
For your convenience, we accept MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and American Express.
Schedule Your Appointment
At Lake Norman Oral and Facial Surgery, we are committed to treating our patients the way we would expect to be treated. Because Dr. Haigney is a Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon, Fellowship Trained in Facial Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery and Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, you can be confident you will receive care that implements the latest dental advancements and is informed by current research and best practices, resulting in you achieving the results you deserve.
To schedule an All on Four Dental Implants appointment or consultation, contact our staff at (704) 255-5888 or request an appointment online.