Lake Norman Oral & Facial Surgery • Dr. Raymond J. Haigney II • 9727 Northcross Center Ct. Huntersville, NC 28078 • (704) 987-3132
9727 Northcross Center Ct. Huntersville, NC 28078 • (704) 987-3132
How Much Does a Chemical Peel Cost?
Below are some quick facts regarding huntersville chemical peels:
- Chemical peels are used to remove damaged skin cells and give the face a younger, healthier appearance
- There are three types of peels available: light, medium, and deep
- A peel is incredibly safe and is typically performed by a board-certified dermatologist, plastic surgeon, licensed healthcare provider, or trained skin care specialist
- Light chemical peels require minimal down time for recovery and typically do not require patients to take time off work
- Medium and deep chemical peels may require up to a few weeks for recovery
- The procedure typically takes about 30 to 90 minutes to complete
- The cost for a chemical peels depends on which type you receive but is $670 on average
A chemical peels is a cosmetic treatment which is often used on the face, hands, and neck. They are used to improve the overall appearance and texture of the skin. During this procedure, a chemical solution is applied to the treatment area, which causes the skin to exfoliate and peel off. Once the old skin is gone, the new skin is usually smoother, has fewer wrinkles, and may have less sun damage.
Some of the most common skin issues people use a chemical peel to treat include the following:
- Wrinkles and fine lines
- Sun damage
- Acne scars
- Minor scars
- Uneven skin tone or redness
There are three types of chemical peels which are available.
- Light peels: this type of peel uses a mild acid such as an alpha-hydroxy acid to gently exfoliate. It only penetrates to the outermost layer of skin.
- Medium peels: peels which use trichloroacetic or glycolic acid to reach the outer and middle layers of skin. This is more effective in the removal of damaged skin cells.
- Deep peels: a peel which fully penetrates the middle layer of the skin to remove damaged skin cells. This type of peel often uses phenol or tricholoracetic acid.
Chemical Peel Cost
Chemical peels are considered to be a cosmetic procedure. As a result, your insurance will not likely cover the cost and you will pay for the procedure out-of-pocket.
The cost of the procedure can vary based on multiple factors such as location, provider, the condition of your skin and which type of peel you receive. Light peels can cost as little as $150, while deep peels can cost $3,000 or more. Some deep peels may require anesthesia or in-patient stays for recovery. According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the average cost of a chemical peel is $673.
Chemical peels are typically done in the provider’s office or at an outpatient surgical facility. Before the procedure, your hair will be tied back so it does not get in the way of the peel. Your face will then be cleaned, and an eye protection will be applied.
Your doctor may numb the area using a topical anesthetic, especially for patients who are receiving a deep peel. For deep peels, the doctor may also use a regional anesthetic, which can aid in numbing larger areas. This is especially common for patients who are having both their neck and face treated with a peel. For deep peels, patients are also given an IV and their heart rate is closely monitored.
Prior to the procedure, you will have a consultation with the skin care specialist. During the consultation, you will work with the provider to determine the optimal treatment based on your goals. You will also discuss any medications, your medical history and any relevant information such as any history with scaring.
More on Chemical Peels : How Painful are Chemical Peels?