Lake Norman Oral & Facial Surgery • Dr. Raymond J. Haigney II • 9727 Northcross Center Ct. Huntersville, NC 28078 • (704) 987-3132
9727 Northcross Center Ct. Huntersville, NC 28078 • (704) 987-3132
How Much Does Neck Lift Cost?
A neck lift huntersville nc is a cosmetic procedure which is designed to enhance and improve the appearance of the neck, jawline and throat region. A neck lift works by creating a smoother, more aesthetically pleasing neckline. A neck lift can also help eliminate the fat deposits and tighten the skin located on the neck.
The typical costs which patients can expect when undergoing a neck lift can vary, but the general estimates are provided. A neck lift typically costs between $4,000 and $8,000. This cost depends on the patient and what specifically needs to be done. A neck lift, however, is often completed in addition to other surgeries, like a facelift. These combined surgeries can raise the total cost to $16,000 or more as reported by plastic surgeons. The cost of a neck lift can also vary based on your geographic location and the surgeon’s background. A neck lift is also considered to be a cosmetic procedure, which means it is not usually covered by health insurance.
The various components which should typically be included in the cost of a neck lift include:
- The surgeon will discuss patient goals, the neck lift procedure, examine the neck, review risks and share the expected costs during an initial consultation.
- During a neck lift, once the patient is placed under anesthesia, the surgeon makes an incision below the chin and/or in front of or behind the ears. The excess skin and tissue is then removed and the neck muscles are tightened as needed. Sutures are used to secure skin and tissue in its new position. A neck lift takes approximately three hours to complete and is typically completed as an outpatient procedure.
- During follow-up visits, the surgeon will evaluate the healing progress, review any concerns from the patient and ensure overall satisfaction with the procedure.
A few of the additional costs which can be included in the overall price of a neck lift procedure include the following:
- The doctor will likely prescribe pain medication in addition to antibiotics for the patient following the procedure. These medications are to prevent discomfort and infection.
- A compression garment which costs around $30-$35 is required to be worn following surgery to aid in the healing process.
- The recovery process usually requires patients to take 10-14 days off work and regular activities.
Possible Procedure Discounts
Many surgeons may offer discounts for patients who are undergoing multiple procedures at once. Patients who are receiving a neck lift may also opt to have liposuction, a face lift or a chin implant.
A few important things to consider when shopping for a neck lift include:
- A good candidate for a neck lift is a patient who does not smoke, is in good overall health and is close to a healthy weight.
- It is important to ensure the surgeon selected is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and has privileges to perform the surgery at an accredited hospital. This applies even in situations where the surgery is not taking place at an accredited hospital. Both the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery offer referral services to potential patients. It also is a good idea to request before-and-after photographs and referrals from previous patients.
Some of the possible risks of a neck lift can include bleeding, infection, nerve damage, scarring, anesthesia complications and in extreme cases, death.
More information on Neck Lifts : Neck Lift Frequently Asked Questions