Lake Norman Oral & Facial Surgery • Dr. Raymond J. Haigney II • 9727 Northcross Center Ct. Huntersville, NC 28078 • (704) 987-3132
9727 Northcross Center Ct. Huntersville, NC 28078 • (704) 987-3132
Is a Brow Lift Painful?
Does your face adequately express how you feel about yourself? A person’s eyes and forehead play an important role in displaying their emotions. Over time, the brow can sag and show signs of aging. If the appearance of your brows is making you look tired or unhappy, you may be a good candidate for brow lift in huntersville nc cosmetic surgery.
A brow lift, which is also referred to as a forehead lift, helps to rejuvenate the area of the face above the eyes. The procedure helps to give patients a more refreshed and vibrant appearance. The procedure removes excess and sagging skin on the forehead and repositions the underlying muscles and tissues. A brow lift can treat a heavy, sagging brow, eliminate deep furrows above the nose, and restore a more youthful appearance on the top third of the face.
The issue with a forehead that has suffered from aging is the impact it has on facial expressions. As an example, a sagging and furrowed brow can give the constant appearance of being tired, worried or angry. A brow lift addresses these issues and helps patients enjoy a refreshed appearance and positive improvements which include:
- Giving other people the impression that you are more approachable. You aren’t mistakenly perceive as being angry or concerned
- Eyes that appear younger, brighter and more alert
- An overall improved self-confidence
Brow Lift Surgery & Recovery
Brow lift surgery is typically an outpatient procedure. It is completed using a general anesthesia or intravenous sedation along with a local anesthesia. The surgery time is dependent on the type of brow lift you receive in addition to whether another procedure is being performed. The incisions can be closed using either sutures or staples. The sutures or staples are usually removed after about one week. On average, the procedure takes about 1-2 hours.
Patients experience minimal pain following a brow lift. It is common, however, to have some discomfort and a tight sensation throughout the forehead. Patients often experience swelling and bruising in the first week to 10 days after surgery. This is usually gone after about two weeks.
While it can vary for every patient, below is a summary of what to expect during recovery from a brow lift surgery. It is critical to follow the recommendations of your surgeon.
- Day of surgery – it is encouraged to walk around in your house
- One or two days following surgery – You can shower, but use extra precautions and be gentle near the incisions
- One week after surgery – return to low impact. You may find that you quickly get tired and may wanted to coordinate working a modified schedule in the beginning. You can use makeup to cover any bruising or scars
- One to two weeks after surgery – you can resume driving if you have full mobility function and are not taking any prescription pain medications
- Two to four weeks after surgery – you may gradually resume exercise, you are encouraged to start with low impact exercise and progress as your body allows
You can expect the improvements from a brow lift surgery to last for many years. Unfortunately, nothing can prevent the natural aging process and your forehead tissues will eventually continue to settle with time and gravity. Help maintain your results by following a healthy and balanced lifestyle. It is important to wear sunscreen every day, eat a nutritious diet and not use tobacco. These recommendations will help ensure you stay healthy and your skin will look its best.
More on Brow Lifts : How Does a Brow Lift Work?