Lake Norman Oral & Facial Surgery • Dr. Raymond J. Haigney II • 9727 Northcross Center Ct. Huntersville, NC 28078 • (704) 987-3132
9727 Northcross Center Ct. Huntersville, NC 28078 • (704) 987-3132
How Much Does a Brow Lift Cost?
A brow lift or forehead lift works by reversing the effects of gravity and aging. The brow lift tightens the soft tissues found on the forehead and restores a more youthful appearance of the forehead skin, upper eyelids and eyebrows. The procedure is also referred to as a browplasty. There are various methods used for brow-lifts. The different procedures use varying incision lengths in different locations. At rest, a youthful brow is positioned just above the orbital rim. It has a gradual arch laterally, and the lateral end of the brow is located higher compared to the medial end. As people age, it is common for the brow to droop into a more flat or horizontal position. When a sagging brow inhibits your natural facial expressions, an eyebrow lift can be an effective method for rejuvenating and restoring the upper section of your face. Each year, thousands of patients decide to undergo brow-lift surgery which has high success and satisfaction rates.
If any of the following apply, it may be time to consider getting a brow lift:
- Sagging or low eyebrow position which gives a tired, sad or even grumpy appearance
- Deep horizontal skin creases across the forehead
- Frown lines or furrowed skin between the eyebrows or across the top of the nose
- Excess skin or fatty tissue which hangs over the eyes
Benefits of a brow lift include:
- A repositioned low or sagging brow which previously hung over the upper eyelids
- Raised eyebrows for a more alert and youthful appearance
- Patients look happier, more friendly and more approachable
Some of the challenges associated with a brow lift include:
- The brow-lift technique selection is vital in determining the outcome; the procedure is highly dependent on the clinician.
- A blepharoplasty or eyelid surgery may also be necessary to achieve the desired results as forehead lifts do not improve baggy eyelids or crow’s feet.
According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the average cost of a brow lift in 2019 was $3,490. This average cost for the procedure, however, is only one portion of the total price. This price does not include anesthesia, operating room facility fees or other related expenses. It is important to work with your plastic surgeon's office in order to determine the overall price for the procedure.
The surgeon's fee for brow lift surgery is based on the surgeon’s experience, the type of procedure being performed and the geographic location of the office. Most health insurance plans do not include coverage for brow lift surgery or any associated complications. Many plastic surgeons offer financing plans for their patients.
The costs for a brow lift may include the following items:
- Anesthesia fees
- Garments for post-surgery
- Hospital or surgery center costs
- Prescription medication
- Surgeon's fee
When selecting a board-certified plastic surgeon for your brow lift, it is important to know that the surgeon's training, experience and your comfort level are equally important as the final cost of the procedure.
Recovery and Aftercare
Your surgeon will review post-surgery expectations with you including how long before you can return to your normal activities and work. Following surgery, you will receive specific instructions for your post-surgical care, which will include information regarding:
- Care for your incision
- Expected symptoms during recovery
- Medication to manage pain
- Potential signs of complications
It is critical to closely follow all patient care instructions your surgeon provides. The expected recovery time and healing process can greatly vary for each patient.
More on Brow Lifts : Are Brow Lifts Permanent?